What's needed to recreate farmville

Started by
14 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 12 years, 6 months ago
[size="5"]cross-platformis important because there are incompatibilities across app domains.
Advertisement

[size="5"]cross-platformis important because there are incompatibilities across app domains.

WHO is this directed at, why must you use obnoxious font sizes, and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

[quote name='VJ01' timestamp='1317476174' post='4867962']

WHO is this directed at, why must you use obnoxious font sizes, and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?
[/quote]

How?
To build farmville please i like to have cross-platform software because web is world wide today not in your head. i am going to speak on this shortly for deleting a code post from me and others.
Thanks for the posts guys. I wasn't sure how new AS3 was and if it would be defaulty supported, but it seems like thats what I should learn first. Once I can get something basic on the screen I'll have to learn PHP for some kind of backend.

FlashDevelop runs on Windows, but as per their faq can also be run on OSX and Linux via virtualization software. There are also efforts being made to provide "native" support for both of these platforms.
haXe is available for Windows, OSX and Linux.

These are the two tools I already suggested above. Both are free. One is cross-platform, and the other is currently being made to work cross-platform but can already be used cross-platform via virtualization.

Adobe FlashBuilder is available for Windows and OSX, but I didn't mention it above because it is not free (or even cheap), although if you're a student or part of certain not-for-profit organisations you may be eligible for a free licence.

- Jason Astle-Adams

jbadams oct 1 : "... if you want to ask a question that isn't directly related to the topic being discussed."

But on UNIX, I had Solaris, there is no Flash support. See Illumos UNIX project and under Help forums. I asked them repeatedly to support Flash but they are dodging the question and not answering!
[Flash does not work!]
Yeah, we aren't going to go off on a tangent just because you can't install flash on an OS.

The OP appears to have an answer so I'm going to close this, however if you have more questions/queries on the subject Darkbouncer4689 feel free to open a new thread on it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement