Solid App for all Game Engines

Started by
8 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 12 years, 6 months ago
Is there a windowed utility where a user agent could browse through a list of of demo or a freeware or shareware video game and see it in a not full-screen. Then i like to compare game engines and 3d engines and etc...

Thanks
Advertisement
I think I understand whhat you're saying, and no, I don't know of anything like that. The thing about software is mine is always better than yours or theirs. Everybody touts their own software as being the ultimate solution, so your best bet is to just evaluate everything yourself.
These days, the appearance of a game is 90% the artists doing. I assume the artist do their own shaders. Instead of seeing how games look when using different engines/tool kits. Look at their features, what do they support and what don't they support. How much access do they give you, and how much work is required on your end to use the sdk. If an engine supports your needs, and can be implemented friendly enough for you, then it will be a good pick for you.

Then again I could've completely misunderstood your posting, as the bad grammar (from a phone?) and choice of forum make it hard to understand.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
you make no sense in the free world. get a clue. How is the appearance 90% of artist. That's is illusion. 3-d engines have a lot to do on appearance too. poor vision u person.

you make no sense in the free world. get a clue. How is the appearance 90% of artist. That's is illusion. 3-d engines have a lot to do on appearance too. poor vision u person.

I could make a simple program that just loads 3d models and I could make a scene with "good" graphics.

The other posters are basically correct. You can have an engine that supports a bullet-point list of features a mile long, but if you only have drunk monkeys doing the art creation it will never look good. On the other side of the coin, you can have a very basic and limited engine, and if you have skilled and talented artists you can make a very attractive game even with the limitations. A 3D engine of any sort is exactly as good as the data that is fed to it, and no more.

[quote name='VJ01' timestamp='1317434883' post='4867835']

The other posters are basically correct. You can have an engine that supports a bullet-point list of features a mile long, but if you only have drunk monkeys doing the art creation it will never look good. On the other side of the coin, you can have a very basic and limited engine, and if you have skilled and talented artists you can make a very attractive game even with the limitations. A 3D engine of any sort is exactly as good as the data that is fed to it, and no more.
[/quote]

"How is the appearance 90% of artist."
That was my off-line.

The other one was really shocking.

That was my off-line.

[/quote]

You are not making any sense.

"How is the appearance 90% of artist."
That was my off-line.

Subject appears to be attempting to communicate using grunts and gestures.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement