Invisible post O_o

Started by
3 comments, last by driftingSpaceMan 12 years, 6 months ago
Hi. I posted a while back in the help wanted section. I still can not find my post. My profile indicates that it is there but i can not find it. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
It's there and visible; clicky. It's on the second page of the Help Wanted forum at the moment.
I had the same problem. Sometimes the mod in Help Wanted (jbadams) takes a little while to approve new topics, and does it in waves, so if one is unlucky (like us), one's post ends up on the second page without ever being seen.

It's not Jason's fault; he's a busy guy and it's great that he mods there; the forums just really need a form-based submission process (or something, I'm not sure what) to streamline the Help Wanted section and enforce the template.

You can bump after a couple days of no replies.

... so if one is unlucky (like us), one's post ends up on the second page without ever being seen.

This shouldn't be the case. We specifically added a feature to the Help Wanted forum that lets mods "bump" threads without visible interaction so that when we approve older HW posts we can put them on top of the listing

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This shouldn't be the case. We specifically added a feature to the Help Wanted forum that lets mods "bump" threads without visible interaction so that when we approve older HW posts we can put them on top of the listing

I guess after the batch was approved, they weren't bumped (or the ones that were really old were missed).

I waited about three days for approval (confirming multiple times that the post had not appeared by checking topics, under my profile, as well as skimming the topic starter and titles on all topics on the first page for the first couple days- I kept a very close eye on Help Wanted), and then as soon as it showed up, it was at the end of the first page, and bumped to the second within a few more hours (I would never have caught it at the end of the first page at all if I had not been online at the time it was posted).

It was definitely never invisibly bumped. I couldn't say why.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement