Zombox

Started by
67 comments, last by zombox 11 years, 3 months ago
More vehicle updates to Zombox!

Click the following .gifs to see all the new vehicles in action!

zombox_cap_37_sm.jpg zombox_cap_38_sm.jpg

zombox_cap_39_sm.jpg zombox_cap_40_sm.jpg

zombox_cap_41_sm.jpg
Advertisement
Do you ever sleep? This game is starting to look fantastic.
I can already see myself getting eaten while trying to ride that bicycle. I'd probably have better chances on a motorcycle lmao.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

Do you ever sleep? This game is starting to look fantastic.

Sleep?? I don't recognize that word ;)
As long as you have a steady supply of coffee... ;)

So you're going to release the game for smartphones?
Did you actually play test on a real phone yet? I'm wondering because I can imagine that the character would be pretty hard to control right now.

Edit:
Do you have any plans on monetization yet? I'm thinking about something along the lines of releasing mini episodic content once in a while through updates. With some of them being free to give new players an incentive to download the game or inactive players to start playing again.
Well, whatever biggrin.png as you can see you really got me hooked.
The game has been continually tested on iPhones since its inception a year ago :) The character is controlled with dual on-screen joypads.

The in-game currency (zombucks) will be purchaseable in various quantities with in-app purchases. If you do not wish to use in-app purchases, you'll be able to earn currency by selling items you find and by killing zombies.
There hasn't been a Zombox update in a while because I've been busy....but I'm posting one today!

There are 5 playable characters now, each with their own unique abilities and stats. Here's a list of them (click the names to view their selection screen):

Roy

Susan

Pete

Randy

Mary Beth

There's also an on-screen map and a character-ability icon, which (when pressed) activates the character's special ability.

zombox_57sm.jpg
I already know I'd be Pete. Speed is everything when zombies are concerned.....well that and bullets.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

This week in Zombox development....

-Books with crafting recipes can be found throughout the world. Dragging a book onto your character in the inventory panel will allow you to read its contents

-A quick-craft panel has been added, that saves your crafting recipes and allows you to access them quickly. Clicking a recipe will add its ingredients to the crafting panel, for quick crafting (assuming you possess the necessary ingredients)

-You can upgrade certain items and weapons in the NPC stores now. Upgrading an item or weapon will increase its damage/crit/etc stats.

-You can build storage chests for stashing your items.

cap_50.jpg cap_51.jpg cap_52.jpg
So I've been working on the upgrade system in Zombox.
This week I integrated the animated menus, and started implementing the new upgrades types -- like special attacks, stat boosts, etc.
Click the images below to see how the menu navigation works, and to see some of the new attacks!
To read more about what this upgrade system is, click here and here.
zombox_cap_75.jpg zombox_cap_76.jpg
zombox_cap_77.jpg zombox_cap_78.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement