Illusion Game Engine

Started by
13 comments, last by Keinier 12 years, 6 months ago
greetings,

[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"]I am a student of systems engineering and am opening an open source project for which I am capable of recruiting people coolaborar to the cause, in theory the serious cross-platform game engine, totally free, able to render OpenGL and DirectX, and LUA scriptconsole contruirian root of this is profit is obviously a very big project for a single program with so little experience in this area would facilitate project besides many other developers learn from this complex topic in a simple and free. I'm not looking to schedule, but all they can contribute, including feddbacks and comments in the code.

thank you very much advanced.

repository is the link: https://github.com/K...IllusionEngine/[/font]
[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]Edit:[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]
[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]My Skype is: KEINIERCAB[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]My Email is: keinier@gmail.com[/font]

Game maker

Advertisement
Good luck!

Btw, you may want to reconsider the name of your engine:

• 2K Czech former name was Illusion Softworks, and AFAIK they used the name "Illusion Engine" for an engine behind Mafia II
  • There is 3D hentai game company named Illusion in Japan
Lauris Kaplinski

First technology demo of my game Shinya is out: http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya
Khayyam 3D - a freeware poser and scene builder application: http://khayyam.kaplinski.com/
ohmy.gif, Oops XD, now, I'll need a new name XD. Thanks for information. hahahaha they company are copy me!!! XD

Game maker

Keinier,

This project looks really cool abd I'd love to give this a shot at helping with, but do you have any learning resources that I could use to get a feel for graphics oriented programming?
Morley

Aspiring programmer, modeler and game designer.
[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]Greetings Morley.

Advanced thanks for wanting to contribute to the project, I have no resources exist or not this is a new idea because, as you can see and I change the name lol. In essencethe idea is to create a game engine as the UDK but totally free, said he did not likebecause ogre ogre is a rendering engine. In short the requirements are basically that you want them to UDK but free.[/font]

Game maker

Cool sounds good. I'll be forking.
Morley

:rolleyes:is actually very good project, since I purchased the UDK "free", but if you want to distribute a DEMO is impossible. I know a lot of work but over time more people will join the project and will be rewarding for us and for those who publish a demo even when they are learning.:)

Game maker

It would be great if you could elaborate on what you want the engine to be:

Will it be traditional deep hierarchy method? Or will you use Component-Based Entity model?

Are you actually writing all the Scripting, Input, Rendering, Networking, Physics? Or will you be using lots of libraries together to create this engine?

Engineering Manager at Deloitte Australia

hi [color="#1c2837"]CRYP7IK,

[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"]My plan is to be developed according to object-oriented programming, and eachsubsystem in a module or component in order to implement the appropriate component depending on the platform, it is noteworthy that all this aria THROUGHthe concept of interface and polymorphism for example:

/ / Start rendering engine

IERender myRender = new RenderDirectX();

/ / Init motor

IECore myCore = new CoreWin32() / / ps2, ps3, wii, etc.

or also

IERender myRender = new RenderGL();

IECore myCore = new CoreLnx() / / ps2, ps3, wii, etc.

I want to be understood is that the engine is easy expansiveness and maintainable.

Anyway I have published a series of guidelines or FAQ about the project
here: https://github.com/K...sionEngine/wiki[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"]EDIT:[/font]
[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"] [/font]
[color="#333333"][font="arial, sans-serif"]Another thing I forgot to mention. Utiizar bookstores are the same used by the platform or operating system, DirectX or OpenGL, OpenAL, FreeType and STL. The rest, Iehcho every effort to create my own implementations.

So far, I have been working alone, without guidance, without a clear expectationbecause it is a very big project for a single developer. So I encourage all to give theiropinio Aque regarding any detail either for good or ill, and evaluation of all, because that is what will make it an excellent project and that in the future when it usable, isone of the titans of industry and it is best to be free.[/font]

Game maker

If I had a better understanding of what was going on I could probably add some components and modules xD can someone give me a brief rundown on structure/heirarchy and basic rendering process? You don't have to though.
Morley

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement