Linear RPG? Sandbox RPG? See-Saw RPG?

Started by
10 comments, last by ImmoralAtheist 12 years, 6 months ago
I don't know about you guys, but the only problem with RPG's is that its the same thing. leveling up etc. The only reason why RPG's are so damm good is because of story that's all. I get irritated leveling up my team and the worst part is even after leveling up and you still lose, you again have to level up and I do this with my eyes closed.

But seeing that it still continues, I guess it can't end in fact RPG is the only reason why warcraft rocks(Even though I suck in it). Shouldn't the RPG expand more than just leveling up and getting items?
Advertisement
Something I believe could be nice:
Throughout the game you will encounter major decisions. It could be like a sub villain, who's yielding.
If you kill him you remove him from the equation, but you also alienate some possible allies.
Another could be to obtain a powerful item (only usable in special occasions), and again you would alienate some people.
When you get to the last battle (or some other big battle ingame, ideally there should be many of these), you will face a very different battle,
depending on what choices you made. These decisions should be two-sided so there's little reward differences between them.
If you walked the noble path, you will have many allies by your side, but so will your enemy, and you lack a powerful special weapon.
If you walked the more ruthless path you will have few allies, but you also killed most of the villain's allies. You may also have a special weapon.

The good guy gets friends, but his righteousness also stands in the way of taking out the villain.
The more ruthless guy will stand pretty much alone, but is effective in weakening his opponent, and goes to great lengths to get something that could give him an advantage.
Ofcourse the different decisions should be separate, so you can be a mix. None of the paths should be punished. There shouldn't be a wrong or a right path.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement