• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
worldalpha

Finding an Icon developer for my game

This topic is 2632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey All,

It has been awhile since I developed a game. I'm developing a Web-based MMORTS. It is going to have a lot of icons. Probably in the range of 200 to 300 icons. I'm debating how to go about getting them. These are the 3 options I can think of.

1.) I like Iconshock icons. I probably could get about 100 of them from their library, and use them to develop the other 100 to 200. It would be $600 plus $25 per custom. So total budget of about $4000.

Advantages - I can get 100 "instantly". I know the quality of the work.

Disadvantage - The first 100 images, could be in other projects on the Net.

2.) Use elance, odesk, etc. to find someone really cheap to develop all of them from scratch. I would assume, I could get a decent worker, who could do them for $5 to $10 a pop.

Advantage - probably the cheapest option

Disadvantage - not sure of quality initially (even with a few samples) Don't know how long it might take

3.) Hire a local graphic artist/designer - Part-time
I would assume that a good icon takes an hour to that could be $18 to $25 a pop

Advantage - would be able to work alongside developer

Disadvantage - Have to search and find a developer willing to work part-time on the project.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Review your favorite MMO or Social Game at http://www.review.worldalpha.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!