• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
giugio

logic and geometry

This topic is 2541 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello.

I wish creating a professional aplication with a part like a simplified cad.
I saw some open source engine , that work with scenegraph like wild magic 5 , openscenegraph ogre ecc...
My problem is that I must render the object geometry with the material , but i must also visualize some charateristic in a simple GUI resulting from a piking for example.
and do some operation on the OBJECT from the gui.
The key for me is the OBJECT , an object have a geometric rapresentation , but have also some c++ data.
I think to add data like the meshes in a node (of the object) and work with the OBJECT nodes like the scenegraph.
How is best create the object with graphics and data caracteristic for you?
I think also to use the MVC pattern for this work but i'm a little confuse of the multitude of tecnologies that one can use.
and at the end i must choose.
This problem is valid also for the games , how do at insert characteristics like speed,energy and the actions run,jump ecc...
I read in other books the figure of the actor that encapsulates in a class "the actor" all of this.
can advices to me a book or articles or only a little explaination?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!