• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ZycklonExxence

[XNA] Low FPS in massive model rendering

This topic is 2447 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all I'm new in this forum! :D

I have a problem with XNA, I am developing a game with XNA Framework 4.0. This game is like Minecraft, but when I start the game, if there is a massive amount of blocks (like 32^3 blocks) the framerate results very low. I am looking for a solution, and I have read something about Hardware Instancing. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!

Sorry for my incorrect english :D

Advertisement
Yes, I have written a temporary method for render only the visible blocks, and the blocks now are about 36*6. FPS is increased[font="arial, sans-serif"][color="#333333"][size=2] [/font]significanty but those are a small part of the world! Are there other solutions?

Partially solved!

I use the class BoundingFrustum to check if a block is inside the field of view. If it is into the FoV, I render it. I have already seen that article, but I have some problems to implement it in my solution.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!