Sign in to follow this  
3DModelerMan

Level sharing in an XNA game

How would it be possible to do level sharing with an XNA game on XBox 360? Would it work to have a server/storage computer that players can upload levels to? And that server stores the levels in it's own format of choice, then when players want to download levels from the server it would send them the levels, which would be saved to their XBox 360's hard drive? I already have done research on preventing obscenity and innappropriate content from being uploaded, so I don't need help in that department.

I have not been involved in XNA for a long time, so please take my words with a grain of salt. Back when I was involved, the situation was that the Xbox LIVE API's only allowed your game to have peer-to-peer connections with other Xbox's running the same game. So there was no possibility of connecting to an outside server. So really your only option is to have players send their maps to other players they join up with. I remember someone had written a "high score component" that worked in this way, where the high scores would be propagated through peer-to-peer sessions.