ASUS Desktop Internet Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by l jsym l 12 years, 6 months ago
Hey, I have an Asus Desktop that I purchased from best buy. Anyways, I've had it for about half a year and has been working amazing for me. The only thing I changed in it was I installed a wireless internet card, however I do not use it because I hardline in. A couple of days ago I got kicked off the internet and now it keeps telling me I have limited or no connection. I took out the wireless card thinking that it was trying to use that when maybe it was fried, but still nothing works. When I hardline directly into the router I still have no internet access.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so how have you fixed it.

Thanks,

If you need any other information on my model or anything just let me know and I will be happy to get it for you.
l jsym l
Advertisement
Are you sure it's not your router or modem?

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Are you sure it's not your router or modem?

Yes, multiple other connections in the router. However. When I do try using the internet on my asus it will kick everybody off the router
l jsym l
First check you're not using fixed IP, and if you are, you are not setting the same IP address the router has. And check you don't have any DHCP server running in your system or something.
A virus or OS/Driver corruption in your PC could explain it. For example a virus DoS'ing your router.
Try hardware-resetting your router.
To Check Drivers: Right-Click on a link that opens My Computer and click Manage (Or look for Computer Management in your Control Panel. For Win7 and Vista, I believe you can just go to Hardware and Sound and click the Device Manager option). On the tree of options on the left, look for Device Manager. This opens a list of all the things in your computer and handles the drivers for them. If you see any ! or red Xs, you have a Driver issue. Particularly, check the Network Adapters tree.
I have all of my drivers and my setting are set up correctly. I'm a IT guy so I know how to get the internet working. Im just wondering if its a possibility that the internet card went out or something? It says I am connected for brief moments at a time when I can never surf the internet. All the drivers are there, i am using DHCP and another asus desktop that I have, which is also hardlined into the router, works good. Im guessing its hardware now but idk.
l jsym l

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement