id tech 3 game engine?

Started by
13 comments, last by Kobo 12 years, 5 months ago
problem compiling ioq3 source with visual studio 2008 help needed.......wheh i try to compile the code of the solution the cgame project does get compile but after that the visual studio brings up a dialogue box....which says "Please specify the name of the executable file to be used for the debug session".......but i i am compiling the source as release win32.......will someone help me what is wrong????
Advertisement
On the topic of learning...
I took this a while ago and found everything super useful.

Class

Doing the HWs can be fun/challenging. Feel free to skip HW0.

The HWs included
- mesh simplification / subdivision
- ray tracer w/ distribution effects (soft shadows, semi-glossy reflections, etc)
- cloth simulation
- fluid simulation (could never get this working :( )
- radiosity
- photon mapping
- stencil shadow
- shaders

Best of all, all the stub code is provided. No need to pull your hair out over OpenGL stuff.
wheh i try to compile the code of the solution the cgame project does get compile but...
I don't remember much but... wasn't the cgame supposed to be compiled with LCC targeting the internal VM? I've never looked at ioQuake, did you got it with this cgame project already set up?

I don't remember much to be honest, so take this with salt.

Previously "Krohm"

yes i got ioq3 source code and i compile it with visual studio 2008 as the directions were given,,,,,there are 5 projects in the ioq3 solution,the cgame,game,q3_ui,quake3 and ui.
the visual studio builds 3 projects but it fails the quake3 and ui project...i have searched hard over internet and i came to know that the failure of ui project is normal but i haven't seen anyone whose quake3 project is failing...the output from the build log of my qauke3 project which i am compiling as release win32 is given below

[font="monospace"] Linking...LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:OleAcc.dll ignored; no imports found from OleAcc.dllcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: [/font][font="monospace"]unresolved external symbol _qvmftolx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj[/font]
[font="monospace"] : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qftolx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj [/font]
[font="monospace"]: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qvmftolsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj :[/font]
[font="monospace"] error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qftolsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qsnapvectorx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qsnapvectorsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSE..\..\build\quake3_release\ioquake3.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals[/font]
[font="monospace"]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[/font]
[font="monospace"]MY PROBLEM[/font]
[font="monospace"]The symbols which can not be recognize by the linker are actually functions that are coded in assembly...and i know where to find definition and header files for these..but firstly i don't know how to add assembly files to projects will they be linked as normal headers and library files or they need somewhat different approach??? and second what am i doing wrong????because no one seem to be facing this problem...it could be a very basic silly mistake,but i can't figure it out..
[/font]

yes i got ioq3 source code and i compile it with visual studio 2008 as the directions were given,,,,,there are 5 projects in the ioq3 solution,the cgame,game,q3_ui,quake3 and ui.
the visual studio builds 3 projects but it fails the quake3 and ui project...i have searched hard over internet and i came to know that the failure of ui project is normal but i haven't seen anyone whose quake3 project is failing...the output from the build log of my qauke3 project which i am compiling as release win32 is given below

[font="monospace"] Linking...LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:OleAcc.dll ignored; no imports found from OleAcc.dllcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: [/font][font="monospace"]unresolved external symbol _qvmftolx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj[/font]
[font="monospace"] : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qftolx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj [/font]
[font="monospace"]: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qvmftolsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj :[/font]
[font="monospace"] error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qftolsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qsnapvectorx87 referenced in function _Com_DetectSSEcommon.obj : [/font]
[font="monospace"]error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _qsnapvectorsse referenced in function _Com_DetectSSE..\..\build\quake3_release\ioquake3.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals[/font]
[font="monospace"]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[/font]
[font="monospace"]MY PROBLEM[/font]
[font="monospace"]The symbols which can not be recognize by the linker are actually functions that are coded in assembly...and i know where to find definition and header files for these..but firstly i don't know how to add assembly files to projects will they be linked as normal headers and library files or they need somewhat different approach??? and second what am i doing wrong????because no one seem to be facing this problem...it could be a very basic silly mistake,but i can't figure it out..
[/font]

Those errors usually pop up when your compiler isn't linking some library files. You might either need to install the DirectX SDK or link some stuff - try googling those error codes one at a time.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement