• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindWipe

Two systems - one computer

This topic is 6090 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to get out computer split up so that when I play I boot from my system whatever I might choose and when he plays he boots from his. So that whatever my brother does it wouldn''t effect my system. How can that be done? And is there a way to get my system locked so that he can''t even look at it(and copy files from my system)? /MindWipe "If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by MindWipe
...How can that be done?

You'll need to create two partitions and install your various OSes in the separate partitions - if you're using Win9x/Me. If you're using WinNT or Win2k, though, just create users and fairly secure passwords, and set the folder attributes so your personal files are not shared.

quote:
And is there a way to get my system locked so that he can't even look at it(and copy files from my system)?

On a networked OS, yes. On a non-networked OS (Win9x/Me), no.

[edit]
Btw, wrong forum.
[/edit]

Edited by - Oluseyi on September 24, 2001 10:31:07 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you''ve got some spare cash, the best way would be to pick up an extra hard disk to install your private system on. You can buy hard disks (or drive mounts) that have a keylock on them, so if you don''t have the key, you can''t access the disk.

yeah... I''ll buy a new HDD for my brother and then we have a switch between them.

Thanks. Sorry about posting at the wrong forum

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!