• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nebis

gui development recomendations needed

This topic is 6175 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hullo all, I need to write a gui for an online Real Time Strategy game. after searching the internet for a while, I couldn''t come up with anything better than to do it myself in MFC, burrowing controls and stuff from the net. is there really not a better choice? I am not an MFC programmer, and would like to reduce the gui programming to a minimum. I am even willing to buy a software package/editor/whatever make this part of the game coding easier. so, recomendations anyone?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Theres a library called glGUI that I recall. It does GUI type activities using opengl. It should be (fairly) simple to port to DirectX if you''re using that.

Benedict

Creating GUIs using MFC is not a very trivial task if the interface is midly complex. If you don''t want to spend a lot of time dealing with the workings of MFC you might try to develop the interface in a more accessible language like Delphi or VB. You can make the core of the game using c,c++ in a dll. I would go for MFC, but i had to learn it at work, i would never touch it by my own.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!