• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uknutter

Mingw32 and openGL?

This topic is 6167 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Will this work? What will i need to compile an opengl program with mingw32(gcc)? Im new to openGL and dont like the idea of paying out for MSVC(or anything else realy ). Is there another Free compiler that will work with opengl? Why do they make Dyslexia so hard 2 spell?

Advertisement
Dev-C++ is an IDE that uses the Ming32 compiler providing a GUI, you can get it at www.bloodshed.net . It''s cool & its free. With some tweaks U can get it up & running in the near future. I''m always searching for a way to implement open source into every do life. I know it killz MS to fathom the idea. Imagine the utility company saying "FREE POWER"! Anyway, if U know of any cool Links integrating Ming32 with libraries like MFC, I''m more than interested. Good Luck!

So how exactly do you set it up. I''m really new at this too and I can''t remember how I did it last time. Also the links to the Mingw32 source code (for the tutorials) doesn''t work.

Thanks.

Null -> So is a port an extention of the Win API? So am I wrong that that would make Dev-C++ the IDE, Ming the Port & GCC the compiler? Does the Ming32 even have a GUI?

Oh uk. Don''t forget about glAUX, if necessary. U might have trouble with the DLL, though.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!