Mingw32 and openGL?

Started by
5 comments, last by uknutter 22 years, 6 months ago
Will this work? What will i need to compile an opengl program with mingw32(gcc)? Im new to openGL and dont like the idea of paying out for MSVC(or anything else realy ). Is there another Free compiler that will work with opengl? Why do they make Dyslexia so hard 2 spell?
Why do they make Dyslexia so hard 2 spell?
Advertisement
Dev-C++ is an IDE that uses the Ming32 compiler providing a GUI, you can get it at www.bloodshed.net . It''s cool & its free. With some tweaks U can get it up & running in the near future. I''m always searching for a way to implement open source into every do life. I know it killz MS to fathom the idea. Imagine the utility company saying "FREE POWER"! Anyway, if U know of any cool Links integrating Ming32 with libraries like MFC, I''m more than interested. Good Luck!
Yes, MinGW32 includes libraries for OpenGL (opengl32.a and glu32.a).

Zero_Infinity, MinG32 is just a port of the Win32 libraries to GCC, not the compiler itself . Not a big deal, I''m just being pedantic.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
So how exactly do you set it up. I''m really new at this too and I can''t remember how I did it last time. Also the links to the Mingw32 source code (for the tutorials) doesn''t work.

Thanks.
Go to project options and add the text "-lopengl32 -lglu32" to some sort of library textbox.

Null -> So is a port an extention of the Win API? So am I wrong that that would make Dev-C++ the IDE, Ming the Port & GCC the compiler? Does the Ming32 even have a GUI?

Oh uk. Don''t forget about glAUX, if necessary. U might have trouble with the DLL, though.
Yeah, MinGW is just the of the libraries port to GCC, Dev C++ is a completely independent IDE which uses GCC as the compiler. Go to mingw.com for some more information.

Afaik, there is not working way to use glaux in GCC. If there is, I don''t know about it. Glaux is kind of crappy now-a-days though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement