Does GameDev's server's hamster just get tired a lot?

Started by
24 comments, last by Ravuya 12 years, 6 months ago
I keep getting 503 errors from GameDev, and then it'll say that GameDev is having troubles communicating with its database server or something like that. I get this error a few times a week, and it usually lasts ~15 minutes-ish. Anyway, I was just wondering if I'm the only one.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

I keep getting 503 errors from GameDev, and then it'll say that GameDev is having troubles communicating with its database server or something like that. I get this error a few times a week, and it usually lasts ~15 minutes-ish. Anyway, I was just wondering if I'm the only one.

I'm guessing the new board's database is just one really big table with a lot of contention over locks. Either that or each query does millions of subqueries each containing complex joins.

No, you are not alone. We're all seeing them.
I'm in the process of rebuilding the server setup in hopes of getting rid of these problems.. this has been a big problem this past week.
What he means is that he's going to migrate the database from his laptop so it doesn't turn off when he goes home for the night. :lol:

What he means is that he's going to migrate the database from his laptop so it doesn't turn off when he goes home for the night. :lol:

I just can't get these damn power save modes to cooperate with running a 24/7 highly available database.
HamsterComputerRunningWindows.JPG

They still have to take him out to feed him every once in a while ya know.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

HamsterComputerRunningWindows.JPG

They still have to take him out to feed him every once in a while ya know.

We just work the Hamsters over until they are exhausted. When one dies though it's kind of like blowing a fuse, but instead of a fuse it's a hamster. I guess what I'm saying is, if you had any idea of the number of hamsters we've blown in the past few weeks.. you'd know why it was time to change things up.

On second thought, that is the worst analogy ever.
Remember: every time you post, a hamster dies. :'(

Remember: every time you post, a hamster dies. :'(

funny-pictures-hamster-is-slain-by-brutus.jpg

Imo mihi quoque...
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
funny-pictures-hamster-toilet-paper-roll.jpg

GameDev's new division of Space Exploration.
Credited to the managers of the current server.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement