• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcpsoguy

Best programs to create 3D RPGs?????

This topic is 6288 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What are the best programs of each category to create 3D RPGS??? 1. Programming Language 2. Graphical Engine 3. Music Program Concerning number 1, Should I use a program such as C++ of Visual Basic? About 2, Is there a RPG engine already created. Or Should I use DirectX or OpenGL? I just want to see your reccomendations of 3, because I already have a music program. Anything else I should know. Is there Any RPG''s on this board that are made by people on this board, that have screenshots, in 3D? RPG Maker is out of the question Thanks, Chris

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by dcpsoguy
What are the best programs of each category to create 3D RPGS???

1. Programming Language
2. Graphical Engine
3. Music Program

Concerning number 1, Should I use a program such as C++ of Visual Basic?

yes, I''d suggest either Visual Basic or C/C++, probably C/C++

quote:

About 2, Is there a RPG engine already created. Or Should I use DirectX or OpenGL?

there are some engines that are out there that can be used for RPGs. I''m using this one: Nebula Device. It''s a bit tricky at first but pretty nice when you get the hang of it. I have a few screenshots on my web site BTW.

A CRPG in development...

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.

If you''re not to consered about performance you could also try Dark Basic. It''s supposed to be fairly simple to learn, you should be able to get some results quicker than you could with c/c++. It also supports directX.

1) Use C/C++, definately do not use vbasic.

2) DX / OGL arent engines, they are API''s. There are engines out there that could most likely do what you want, as long as what you want is reasonable.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!