Software list for creating a temple

Started by
1 comment, last by __Homer__ 12 years, 6 months ago
[font="Arial"]Hello there![/font]

[font="Arial"]I need to ask a huge newbie question -->[/font]

[font="Arial"]I need to create a level that will represent Temple in Jerusalem in Jesus days. I want that to be an application, so that user can walk inside and observe the construction (that's why i thought i give a try the Unreal engine, some ppl say its better to set my loyalty in cryengine). i need custom buildings, some plants and weather, the last two have to be dynamic. in the level, various people will make their staff. Clerics, servants, worshipers, and so on. i want all of these people animated in the level but not dynamic, by saying that i mean they wont change their actions because of users moves, they have to keep going with their activities. One last thing is that i want to trigger some events if user walks in specific points.[/font]

[font="Arial"]ok. I'm asking experienced people to lay down an array of software, middleware, bundles, plugins and so on i might need in that tast. i would appreciate avoiding comments about the subject (temple), knowledge level about software. just say a list of staff i might need and their use beside their name. Don't forget the sound (although i was told that fmod is quite an option), and menus or GUIs (i was advised to walk the path of Scaleform)[/font]

Advertisement
Any 3D engine ought to work pretty well for this. If you are a programming beginner, I would recommend Unity3D.
We made an alien temple with three major spaces including cathedral ceilings in three weeks using maya and gamebryo, three weeks from the day we met - and none of the programmers had touched that engine before.
You need some rendering engine and some programmers and some artists.
In C++, friends have access to your privates.
In ObjAsm, your members are exposed!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement