• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How a level map acquires physics in ActionScript?

This topic is 2326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hello to everyone,[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I am using Away3d along with JiglibFlash and Blender. What I am trying to do is create a mini-golf game.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Now, having created a course in Blender and loaded it successfully into Away3d (through Prefab3d), my[/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]question is this:[/font]
  • How do I go about loading the level model into JiglibFlash so as to make the ball collide with the floor and side walls of the course?
    [font="Comic Sans MS"]For example, if I want to load an orange, given that I have created the Orange.as, I do something like this:[/font]
    • [font="Comic Sans MS"]var orange:Orange = new Orange();[/font]
    • [font="Comic Sans MS"]var jOrange:JSphere = new JSphere(new Away3dMesh(orange), orange.radius);[/font][font="Comic Sans MS"]
      And, now the jOrange object can be manipulated as a RigidBody. However, this is a straightforward match between the Orange and the JSphere,[/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]as an orange is a sphere.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]But, what about a level that is a complicated model? Do I have to divide it into sections and create distinct RigidBodies for every section?[/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]
      [/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]Thank you very much for your answers.[/font]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement