• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tasos

How a level map acquires physics in ActionScript?

This topic is 2625 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Hello to everyone,[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]I am using Away3d along with JiglibFlash and Blender. What I am trying to do is create a mini-golf game.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Now, having created a course in Blender and loaded it successfully into Away3d (through Prefab3d), my[/font]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]question is this:[/font]
  • How do I go about loading the level model into JiglibFlash so as to make the ball collide with the floor and side walls of the course?
    [font="Comic Sans MS"]For example, if I want to load an orange, given that I have created the Orange.as, I do something like this:[/font]
    • [font="Comic Sans MS"]var orange:Orange = new Orange();[/font]
    • [font="Comic Sans MS"]var jOrange:JSphere = new JSphere(new Away3dMesh(orange), orange.radius);[/font][font="Comic Sans MS"]
      And, now the jOrange object can be manipulated as a RigidBody. However, this is a straightforward match between the Orange and the JSphere,[/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]as an orange is a sphere.[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]But, what about a level that is a complicated model? Do I have to divide it into sections and create distinct RigidBodies for every section?[/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]
      [/font]
      [font="Comic Sans MS"]Thank you very much for your answers.[/font]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!