C++ or JAVA ????

Started by
8 comments, last by Starfish-2001 22 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys, a friend of me says JAVA is better than C++. So i´ve got only one simpel question ís this true ??? Is Java better than C++ and is JAVA gona kick C++´s as ??? So post !!!!!!! Just do it !!!!!
Just do it !!!!!
Advertisement
You can''t compare them and say that one is better than the other. Both languages have good sides and bad sides. Which language is better really depends on what you want to do with it.

Please do a search in the forums. This topic has been discussed many times before.
LOL. JAVA will never, EVER, kick C++ out, I can tell you that much. You cannot say either is better ( but I say C++, having used JAVA before, and I really did not like it very much ) because it is a matter of opinion.

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Its really impossible to say if one programming language is better than another, especially since we don''t know what you plan on programming. Since I assume that your new to programming in general (most of the ''is ___ better than ___'' posts are made by new programmers), I''d recommend using C++. There are loads of resources out there and I personally found it easier to learn than Java.
I''ve seen LOADS of these sort of topics on these forums, "Is C better than C++", etc etc etc, well, there isn''t any answer, it what you prefer.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
If its your first time programming, VB or C++ would be good for you. They are the best documented on the net, I believe.

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Would the moderator kindly put this thread to death? Please?

if ( value == 0 )   return value;else    return 0;     
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Moderator is monitoring, and is appreciative of the fact that this isn''t a flame war... yet. *smile*

Thanks guys, for making my job a lot easier, keep it up *smile*

I''m going with the general consensus that it depends on what you''re trying to do. /nod

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
No, but it is a very good attempt at starting one

You know, I never wanted to be a programmer...

Alexandre Moura
Thx for this replies. (Forgive me if i made writing misstakes i´m an 16 year old german) I got already a C++ book so i gonna learn C++ first and probably change to JAVA. Anyway, thx.
Just do it !!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement