Sign in to follow this  
Ransombinary

I'll be offering super cheap advertising with large traffic to developers

Just a heads up to anyone looking to advertise their game. I don't have the exact rates, but I'm estimating about $200-$300 for 1 million plus unique hits per month, and these aren't just little banner ads on the side of a website.

I am currently working on a game - it is an RPG which uses Facebook interactions. It's not an actual Facebook game. It's a full-featured download and a large one at that (a couple of gig). The game is going to be free and will have short "commercial breaks" similar to games like Acrophobia or Get The Picture. Those commercials are what I'm selling to other developers. The game is free, but there will be a premium account players can buy to disable ads as well as activate deeper Facebook interactions with their friends. I'm not looking to make a killing off of ads - In all honesty, the ads are there to only slightly annoy gamers into wanting to buy the premium account.

Ads will be large and will display for about 12 seconds each. They can be still images or animated .gif's. They are not pop ups. They will occur during load times, but only so often. The plan is that 8 ads will run per hour of gameplay. The game will take a few dozen hours to complete. It is incredibly challenging and requires a lot of exploration/experimentation.

Because it's actual gamers seeing the ads, it means that you're always getting your target audience. Keep in mind however that statistics may be a little bland. If you want to track hits you'll need to provide me with a referral link to your website, not just a regular link. There will be statistics kept for the users playing and how long they play and how many ads are running, so you can use those numbers to figure out how often your ad is seen, but I don't want to get my servers overloaded with high traffic trying to track every little thing. These are cheap ads, so you get what you pay for.

The game launches early next year, so there will be no advertising available until then. If you have even the slightest bit of curiosity, you can email me at r@ransombinary.com or ransombinary@gmail.com.

Sign in to follow this