• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EricDawalibi

[SlimDX] WPF and remote desktop

This topic is 2413 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

so i have a question about SlimDX in a WPF app.

My company is developping a WPF a CAD like application that need to render some 3D. Currently we're using the built in WPF 3D but we're reaching it's limitations in performance.

So we're currently thinking about creating a new 3D engine based on DirectX and we're thinking on using SlimDX since it has some support for WPF.

I've checked some of the WPF examples but i saw that during remote desktop sessions the rendering seen become black.

Is that a limitation? is there a workaround to allow to view the 3D scene even in remote desktop?

Thanks

Advertisement
In general, Direct3D doesn't work over remote desktop (And I would assume OpenGL as well), since no hardware acceleration is available, which means you'll be restricted to software-only.

In general, Direct3D doesn't work over remote desktop (And I would assume OpenGL as well), since no hardware acceleration is available, which means you'll be restricted to software-only.

Hi Steve, thanks for the anwser.

But i would disagree with your previous statement since we have multiple projects in our company that uses OpenGL and DirectX. I've tested both of them over a remove desktop session and they both work correctly.

Althought im no expert in 3D programming.

So I have to assume that there's no way to make SlimDX work over remote-desktop?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!