[SlimDX] WPF and remote desktop

Started by
3 comments, last by EricDawalibi 12 years, 5 months ago
Hi all,

so i have a question about SlimDX in a WPF app.

My company is developping a WPF a CAD like application that need to render some 3D. Currently we're using the built in WPF 3D but we're reaching it's limitations in performance.

So we're currently thinking about creating a new 3D engine based on DirectX and we're thinking on using SlimDX since it has some support for WPF.

I've checked some of the WPF examples but i saw that during remote desktop sessions the rendering seen become black.

Is that a limitation? is there a workaround to allow to view the 3D scene even in remote desktop?

Thanks
Advertisement
In general, Direct3D doesn't work over remote desktop (And I would assume OpenGL as well), since no hardware acceleration is available, which means you'll be restricted to software-only.

In general, Direct3D doesn't work over remote desktop (And I would assume OpenGL as well), since no hardware acceleration is available, which means you'll be restricted to software-only.

Hi Steve, thanks for the anwser.

But i would disagree with your previous statement since we have multiple projects in our company that uses OpenGL and DirectX. I've tested both of them over a remove desktop session and they both work correctly.

Althought im no expert in 3D programming.

So I have to assume that there's no way to make SlimDX work over remote-desktop?

So I have to assume that there's no way to make SlimDX work over remote-desktop?

This is a limitation of WPF D3DImage component, there is even a bug on connect : D3DImage doesn't show up in remote desktop
Yeah I found this thread too, i was about to post the same link here.

Thanks for point this out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement