• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Melted_Gummybear

3D Modeling, and Rendering Basics

This topic is 2443 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am looking for a place where I can get a good amount of descriptive information on basic terms involved with 3D modeling and rendering, what you need to know to get started, and maybe some classes that I could take online in order to get started with 3D Design. I have little experience in it, but I am not knowledgeable of the terms and different aspects of the 3DS Max Modeling Studio.

Here is a little about me:
17 years old.
No highschool diploma.
Have a job, limit on spending on learning would be about $250.

So does anyone have some good information for me, or a place where I can learn? Thanks

Advertisement
You have some options here.

Professional Stuff
Charcter modeling--> Zbrush (Realitively easy to use and workflow between 3DS and itself)
Building modelig --> I use Google Sketchup pro with a zbrush workflow

Hobby:
Blender. Its free with a cool community.

You can google any of these for main links (I'd provide them but i cant neatly from mobile device)

My advice- avoid onlineclasses until you feel that your ready to commit to it fully. There are GREAT free online resources to learn all of this.

PM if you need anything else. :) (sorry about poor spelling-- ipod)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!