Sign in to follow this  
Triad_prague

Using f10 keys in the game :(

Hi I'm trying to use the F10 games for quick slot bar in the game (use f1~f12). things work fine until.....I pressed the f10 keys. the game freezes for a while until I click inside the window. I wonder what's the correct ways of processing this key. oh btw the alt key does the same too (freezes the game until I click inside the window). I'm using windows message (WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP) approach if that helps

Does anyone know a "common" way to deal with it?

Your culprit is WM_SYSKEYDOWN (responsible for ALT and F10 keys - they both have to do with opening the app's menu, which can cause the freezing you're experiencing).

I can't remember what the correct way to handle it is, though... I guess you could try just returning 0 when you get that message (instead of letting it go to DefWindowProc). I seem to recall there are some ALT+? keys that you want to let through though.

(Edit) Ninja'd!

thanks mussi, nypyren, your ideas helped me solved the problem. what I do is by processing WM_SYSKEYDOWN and WM_SYSKEYUP too and return 0 in the window procedure and process WM_SYSCOMMAND as mussi said. whew now it works good!

Thanks again :lol: