How about "Real-Time Collision Detection" ?

Started by
3 comments, last by AquaMacker 12 years, 6 months ago
[font="Verdana"]bad english I'm sorry...

I hope to read Tutorial Book...[/font]

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]"Real-Time Collision Detection" this book is tutorial ?[/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]tutorial is simple code..Like a Frank book (DX9, DX10)[/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]I saw many Game-Math code like a Geometric Tools site. <- There code not difficult but [/font][font="Verdana"]Enginetic code ^^a[/font]

[font="Verdana"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]"Real-Time Collision Detection" Is This book code..simple ?[/font][/font]
[font="Verdana"][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]simple code... Like that..[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]1 OBB make > moving and rotate[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]1 OBB make[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] > moving and rotate[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]CheckCollide[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]SO Simple !!![/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]How about "Real-Time Collision Detection" book ?[/font]
Advertisement
Its fairly complex but very in-depth and well worth the money. I wouldnt say it was simple due to the nature of the content.
[font="Verdana"]Content does not matter.

Source Code is Simple ?
[/font]

Frankly, it is the best technical book I have ever read, and it sets an example as to how books should be written.
The example code is in C++ instead of pseudo code, and this is a great help. What I have found in every book that uses pseudo code are errors. The authors always use C++ for their original work, but then translate it to pseudo code for the book, and this translation process introduces errors. Many algorithms in pseudo-code-based books simply don’t work, or have variable names mixed up which takes heavy examination to realize.

In this book, there is only one function that simply does not work (checking a ray for collision against a triangle).

The book is thorough and presents all of the information and algorithms necessary for the subject it covers, and it will be far more than you will ever need.

I know you are looking for a simple book that acts as a tutorial, but there is no such thing as a simple way to present such a complicated field. This book is the best you can do.

Also, this is not related to DirectX or XNA.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

[font="Verdana"]Thanks you sooooooooooooooooooo much...[/font]
[font="Verdana"]
[/font]
[font="Verdana"]SO Much helpful !!![/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement