• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lumin

A n00b need some help ;)

This topic is 6261 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, I recently picked up Delphi (migrating from C++ and VB) I had the feeling that I where getting the hang of things so I decided to give it a shot at game programming with Delphi and converted the DelphiX (with the UnDelphiX patch) using the tutorial at turbo.gamedev.net .. the converting to the Delphi Personal suggestion went fine (I think). But when I try to use some of the examples it tells me that DXClass.dcu is missing (Using the Basic Sprite example). Also when I try other projects I get the samme message but then also for other DX components. I am realy sure it is where I last saw it (wich should be in the source folder of the DelphiX project) The DelphiX project Installed into Delphi with no problems (except for an amount of warnings) Is it so that I need to place this file somewhere or include it in the project or did I mess up when converting the DelphiX files ? Any help will be appreciated. -Lumin

Advertisement
If I were you I''d start back at the begining with a fresh start of Delphi and DelphiX. UnDelphiX is a hack at best (I should know) and isn''t the best way to "get to know" Delphi and DelphiX...

The Delphi Personal does work fine if you follow all of the instuctions in the tutorial...

Hope that helps...

[ Michael Wilson | turbo sys-op | turbo.gamedev.net ]

Most probably the DelphiX source path hasn''t been included into libraries/paths. Check Tools / Environment Options / Library / Library Path so it contains the correct path (e.g. $(DELPHI)\Library\DelphiX\Source - in my case DelphiX is in d:\Borland\Delphi\Library directory)
I''ve found that the path to DelphiX is not always configured by the installer so this might be it.

- Lifepower

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

Since I had placed the DelphiX source at C:\DelphiX\Source
I had to add the path as Lifepower said.
After that evrything worked as a charm!

Ahh finaly I can begin experimenting with sprites and such

Thanks again!

-Lumin

Edited by - Lumin on September 25, 2001 12:30:42 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!