using old 2d graphics with a new pipeline

Started by
1 comment, last by codenine75a 12 years, 6 months ago
I am going to use old 2D graphics at a high resolution. The idea is to bring old 2D graphics to a higher resolution. I think it can be easily done with 1600x1280 now by using 64bit or 128bit variables and a big variable for the pointer to a directx surface like this:
unsigned long long *surface;
surface = (unsigned long long *)directdrawsurface;
..and then set the graphics accordingly with
surface[0] = RGBAcolor;
Advertisement
If you intend on using old sprites at a higher resolution you do realize that they will need to be scaled? There isn't any magical trick to regain that res, even though there are decent methods that 'sort of' get there.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe
"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style, it just indicates you're inexperienced. Go find something productive to do."
[size=2]~ Bregma

"Well, you're not alone.

There's a club for people like that. It's called Everybody and we meet at the bar[size=2].

"

[size=2]~

[size=1]Antheus

I am going to use old 2D graphics at a high resolution. The idea is to bring old 2D graphics to a higher resolution. I think it can be easily done with 1600x1280 now by using 64bit or 128bit variables and a big variable for the pointer to a directx surface like this:
unsigned long long *surface;
surface = (unsigned long long *)directdrawsurface;
..and then set the graphics accordingly with
surface[0] = RGBAcolor;

yup works just fine.

highres_surface->Lock(NULL,&ddsurfacedesc,DDLOCK_WRITEONLY|DDLOCK_NOSYSLOCK,NULL);
//highres_surface->Lock(NULL,&ddsurfacedesc,DDLOCK_WRITEONLY,NULL);
unsigned long long *s = (unsigned long long *)ddsurfacedesc.lpSurface;
s[0]=0;
highres_surface->Unlock(NULL);

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement