We're making our second game in Unity3D

Started by
3 comments, last by Zethariel 12 years, 6 months ago
[twitter]tomogames[/twitter]
Dear fellow developers

I just got referred to these forums and this is my very first post. Let me introduce myself. My name is Olle Mattsson and I work at the Finnish indie developer Tomodomo. In august our team of six succesfully released our first game for the iPhone market, a 3D runner called Fatcat Rush.

The game engine we settled for, Unity3D, worked like a charm. It's a very powerful engine and the support from the community is unlike anything I've preciously seen. Blender was used for 3D sculpting and animating. Amazing open source software!!

Now I would like to invite you to participate as we develop our next game using the same technology. We're increasingly convinced that Unity3D is the best engine for a small developer like us, and the latest version sure has got a huge amount of awesome features. For example, it's powerful enough to allow us take advantage of proper normal maps on iPhone 3GS and later devices!

Here's a very early screenshot from our upcoming project. Normals and proper lighting. Running on the iPhone 4. You like?

1.png

There's more where that came from on our devblog. Welcome!
Tomodomo - independent game developer from Finland
Advertisement
[font=Times][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Oh! And did I mention there's going to be lava and monsters? biggrin.gif

Lava.jpg

[/font]

Monster1.jpg[/font]
looking good *thumbs up*

I would recommend to submit this as an "Image of the day" when you have more content to show.
I am developing in unity myself and, aside from some unavoidable quirks, have been very pleased so far.
Thanks mate! It there aren't quirks, it's not real programming =)
You got some badass concepts there!

Good luck! Drop by the Help Wanted forum, I'm sure people could benefit from Your experience and a chance to participate in a well thought out project, with a previously commercially succesfull team!
Disclaimer: Each my post is intended as an attempt of helping and/or brining some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone, unless stated otherwise

Homepage (Under Construction)

Check my profile for funny D&D/WH FRP quotes :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement