[C#] Image Manipulation

Started by
5 comments, last by Morley 12 years, 6 months ago
I've been toying around with the idea of a 2D game for a Windows game based on the XNA framework. Sprites, I can handle. But what I'm looking for is a way to animate an object (namely a person) that has multiple layers (foot, leggs, arms, etc.) and I would like to animate each individual part. I've poked around for 30 minutes now unable to find anything as to how to do this (i.e. change rotation, position, anchored to, etc) and I was wondering if anyone had a good idea how to do this and/or where I can find a tut on this.

Try and be simple for my sake, I'm not very familiar with XNA framework and C# is relatively new to me.

Thanks in advance!
Morley

Aspiring programmer, modeler and game designer.
Advertisement

I've been toying around with the idea of a 2D game for a Windows game based on the XNA framework. Sprites, I can handle. But what I'm looking for is a way to animate an object (namely a person) that has multiple layers (foot, leggs, arms, etc.) and I would like to animate each individual part. I've poked around for 30 minutes now unable to find anything as to how to do this (i.e. change rotation, position, anchored to, etc) and I was wondering if anyone had a good idea how to do this and/or where I can find a tut on this.

Try and be simple for my sake, I'm not very familiar with XNA framework and C# is relatively new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Morley, one of the problems with this type of query is that you might be hoping for a far more simple answer than most people will give you. The subject your looking into is actually quite a vast one, and you'll be hard pressed to find a library that will just offer this type of functionallity without some compensation. Saying that though, a few months back I was looking into the same subject (only in 3D instead), and came across this article based on OpenGL:

http://content.gpwiki.org/index.php/OpenGL:Tutorials:Basic_Bones_System

Now I know it's not XNA, but the tutorial is a good starting point, and it covers 2D quite well, so I think it might aid you on your way. Anyway hope this helps somewhat.

Aimee.

We are now on Tumblr, so please come and check out our site!

http://xpod-games.com

This seems to be what you want: http://www.catalinzima.com/2011/06/2d-skeletal-animations/
@AmzBee quick question, how do i store the following line of code from the tutorial you showed me:

#define BONE_ABSOLUTE_ANGLE 0x01

[s]I think Char, but I'm not sure.[/s] I hating translating between C++ and C# :P

*Edit* I officialy don't know which type to use so that I may easily edit it and read it trhough the program.

*Edit 2* float i think would work. Confirm?

(I am new to this, sorry)

@Nypyren, looking at yours shortly. Thanks :)
Morley

@AmzBee quick question, how do i store the following line of code from the tutorial you showed me:

#define BONE_ABSOLUTE_ANGLE 0x01

[s]I think Char, but I'm not sure.[/s] I hating translating between C++ and C# :P

*Edit* I officialy don't know which type to use so that I may easily edit it and read it trhough the program.

*Edit 2* float i think would work. Confirm?

(I am new to this, sorry)

@Nypyren, looking at yours shortly. Thanks :)

C# can use #define http://msdn.microsof...y/yt3yck0x.aspx

EDIT:
Oops! It would help if I read the article I linked to. Sorry!

From the article:
You can define a symbol, but you cannot assign a value to a symbol[/quote]
Oh...a hex value can be stored in an int, unsigned int, long, unsigned long.

As for using it as a global constant, it seems the accepted method (in c#) is to create a static class with your constants in it and declare them public const. An article for reference.

Oh...a hex value can be stored in an int, unsigned int, long, unsigned long.

As for using it as a global constant, it seems the accepted method (in c#) is to create a static class with your constants in it and declare them public const. An article for reference.

That helps ALOT. I'll give it a go shortly. Thanks!
Morley

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement