Sign in to follow this  
Dolf

Teaching

Hello!

I'd like to try to teach C++ game programming! I've always been interested in both people and programming and I recently had to supervise an intern at my current job. Its a real art to tell him exactly what he's doing wrong while staying constructive and motivating.

In short what I would like to start is cooperating with fellow programmers to review code, share interesting articles and programming experiences.

I am not planning in cooperating in a project, but I'd like to guide and be involved like a supervisor. Is anyone interested in something like that? Is this the right forum to ask?

Thank you!,

Dolf

I'd really e interested in having a mentor of sorts! Especially for c++ game design.

I get around fairly well with computer languages, and so far I'm pretty good with java and starting on C#, but never in my own self-taught programming endevors been able to make games.

PM me if you interested in teaching me! :D

I'm entirely self-taught, thanks to a few books and sites, including GD.net. I've never really shared large parts of my code for review, but I would be interested in a pro's guidance constructive critique of my code.

As a teacher myself I can sympathize with the difficulty in constructive criticism. I often chuckle at the end of an intake when the students are pumped and ready to write finals, when those same students 6 weeks prior constantly considered ME the enemy because I was trying to help them. It is a very rewarding task, though rarely feels that way TBO.

As a self taught programmer, I've often wondered if my code was laughable or not, and would love to have someone competent examine my code( the cleaned up stuffs anyway) and let me know if I'm on track or have gone off the deep end. +1 for what yckx said.

@The OP:

Just from curiosity, what kind of experience and background in C++ do you have? There's a big difference between this offer coming from someone with 3 years and a couple of small arcade games under his belt, versus someone with 13 years and industry credentials.

Not trying to cast aspersions on your offer, by any means - just want to know what is actually on the table here ;-)

I've been programming in C++ for about 8 years of which 3 professionally. I'm aiming for teaching beginners so I think that probably suffices for teaching the basics. It's all free and no strings attached and I am just hoping to have a good programming time.

Sign in to follow this