Examples of AI?

Started by
1 comment, last by IADaveMark 12 years, 6 months ago
Hey everyone,

Ever since I saw Siri on IPhone, I've been quite interested in field of AI.

I read about this Robot that learns how to walk.. They put the same software on different bodies, and the software has to figure out how to walk. And if one of his limbs get damaged, he adapts.
I also saw a ping pong playing Robot that looked pretty cool..
A robot that tries to keep itself balanced. You give him a little push and he re-balances himself so he doesn't fall.

These are the only ones I can remember. I was wondering what are other cool implementations of AI? And what major advances were made into creating a human-like Robot?

Best Regards,
Ispiro.

PS: I apologize if I have some English errors, it isn't my first language.
Advertisement
These are the only ones I can remember. I was wondering what are other cool implementations of AI?

Applications of artificial intelligence: [font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]http://en.wikipedia....al_intelligence[/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
And what major advances were made into creating a human-like Robot?
[/font]

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
PS: I apologize if I have some English errors, it isn't my first language.

[/font][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]Machine translation as well as spelling and grammar checkers are closely linked to AI ;-)[/font]
Well, since this is a game AI forum, I would suggest that you play a video game. Depending on the game you play, chances are that you will see all sorts of example of game AI in the AI of the game.

If you don't play video games, then perhaps this will suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=game+ai&aq=f

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement