• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkMonkey

Question about IID_IDirectDraw4 struct

This topic is 5861 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am learning direct draw and I am having a problem when I try to get an interface pointer. basically i get the version 1 pointer by doing... LPDIRECTDRAW lpdd = NULL; DirectDrawCreate( NULL, &lpdd, NULL ); then i get an error when i try this next step... LPDIRECTDRAW4 lpdd4 = NULL; lpdd->QueryInterface( IID_IDirectDraw4, (LPVOID *) &lpdd4 ); i get an unresolved external symbol error... error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectDraw4 if anyone knows what my problem is, please help. i think that i might not have the settings in VC6.0 set correctly. Thanks, DarkMonkey

Advertisement
hey, thanks guys.

after i posted this, i went to bed and then relized that i forgot to copy the new ddraw.lib to the lib folder in VC++, but i didn''t know about the dxguid.lib. it''s working now, but i''m sure i''ll run into more problems

thanks,

DarkMonkey

This seems to be an old thread. I don''t wanna create a new one since my problem is similar.
Well i #include <ddraw.h> in my files and dxguid.lib, ddraw.lib i can use LPDIRECTDRAW but i still can''t use LPDIRECTDRAW4 and DDSURFACEDESC2, etc,...
Anyhelp??

you probably need newer headers (and libs). get them at msdn.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

I have downloaded the latest directx in microsoft''s site,
i''ve linked in my project, i''ve included the Directx "includes" and "libs" in my compiler options, i''ve #include <ddraw.h> #include <dxguid.h> and #define INITGUID in my project, i did anything i could do but LPDIRECTDRAW is still usable but not LPDIRECTDRAW4 nor LPDIRECTDRAW7, why? What''s going on?
I''m really going crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Are the DirectX includes and libraries above the others in the list? Visual Studio searches them in order from top to bottom until it finds a files which matches.

By the way, why are you using such an old version of DirectX?

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!