SDL netbeans error

Started by
2 comments, last by chosenkill6 12 years, 6 months ago
Hi gys I have recently tried switching to Netbeans IDE for my SDL c++ development. I have encountered the following error, and after hours of googling have come to no solution
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `SDL.lib', needed by `dist/Debug/Cygwin-Windows/zelda.exe'. Stop.

Within netbeans I am using the cgwin c++ compiler, On the cgwin download I included all the development tools so it is not something I have missed out from here ( I can compile raw c++ just fine).
I have also tried reverting the cgwin defalut compiler back to version 3 like suggested on a few guides.
All of my includes and dependences have also been added

Thanks for reading
Advertisement

Hi gys I have recently tried switching to Netbeans IDE for my SDL c++ development. I have encountered the following error, and after hours of googling have come to no solution
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `SDL.lib', needed by `dist/Debug/Cygwin-Windows/zelda.exe'. Stop.

Within netbeans I am using the cgwin c++ compiler, On the cgwin download I included all the development tools so it is not something I have missed out from here ( I can compile raw c++ just fine).
I have also tried reverting the cgwin defalut compiler back to version 3 like suggested on a few guides.
All of my includes and dependences have also been added

Thanks for reading

I suggest you to reinstall the SDL because some of SDL files is missing in program files.
Tr?nh Nh?t Quang - LightSource Team
Hi SDL is not something you install, its a folder of libs dlls and header files and I downloaded these right off the SDL website (they also work fine using VS). I believe it is something to do with cgwin config.

Thanks for your response though
I'm not sure if this is required on NetBeans but you must add SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib to your linker options

Some IDE like codeblocks do this for you while some like VC++ requires you to do it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement