Too complex?

Started by
4 comments, last by AndrewVarela 12 years, 6 months ago
This is actually the second time I'm writing this cause I pressed ctr R (you'll understand why later). So, I'm gonna shorten this.

So we all know when some beginner thinks of this amazing idea and trys to make it, but then realizes it's too hard and starts asking for help...a LOT of help...might as well make the damn thing for him. Anyways, that is is an example of diving in WAY too far ahead. So, I'm a beginner lol and I wanted to know if this program will be too complex for me atm and I should save it for later.
Here it is.

So you know how we nerds have a LOT of tabs open on the internet and we don't want to lose them. Now, we think about using the bookmarks but it takes so damn long and we're lazy so we're like f*** that. Then we get the genius idea of force-shutting down our computers so that you can restore your tabs. The problem is, theirs a chance it won';t ask for a restore and you have to spend a LONG time in the history searching for them (boring. Plus it damages the computer). So, we hibernate. Then a week later your computer starts slowing down and your like wtf. Then you realize that maybe, just maybe, extended hibernation is not good for your computer. So, brilliant idea coming (this has probs been done already XD).

What if a program was made that when you press ctr G (not R this time :P) or something it would record the URL and all you had to do is that for as many tabs as you want and when you start up your program, you run it and press something and...wala! The tabs open up. Minimal effort. You could make it fancy like have an actual button on screen and be able to make so many tabs on one window then a new one etc etc.

So two questions. First, is this too advanced? Second, is it a good idea?
Advertisement
Both Opera and Firefox support saving your session(s) if you find this annoying. It's an already solved problem. Chrome can do it through extensions.

Also, this is the wrong forum for ideas. :)

Both Opera and Firefox support saving your session(s) if you find this annoying. It's an already solved problem. Chrome can do it through extensions.

First off, this is general programming so it can fit an idea somewhere in there. Second, this is NOT about whether its a good idea. Please read what I asked and understand my question. I am asking the complexity for this program, not whether you like it or not. I added that question in because I like having discussions like that, its not why I posted this though.

The Firefox and Chrome stuff is irrelevant so I won't relate to that.

[quote name='Vectorian' timestamp='1319113534' post='4874662']

First off, this is general programming so it can fit an idea somewhere in there. Second, this is NOT about whether its a good idea. Please read what I asked and understand my question. I am asking the complexity for this program, not whether you like it or not. I added that question in because I like having discussions like that, its not why I posted this though.

The Firefox and Chrome stuff is irrelevant so I won't relate to that.
[/quote]

Vectorian's reply was correct and quite relevant. If you really want to reinvent the wheel you are probably looking at writing a plugin or an extension for your browser of choice, which is going to require patience and effort. I mention the patience and effort because of the tone and substance of the posts in this thread.

First, is this too advanced?
[/quote]

Without come codebase to modify? Yes.

Second, is it a good idea?
[/quote]

Without integrating it into the browser? No.

First, is this too advanced?

Without come codebase to modify? Yes.

Second, is it a good idea?
[/quote]

Without integrating it into the browser? No.
[/quote]

Thank you Telastyn. This is all I wanted to know.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement