Linker error LNK1104 with visual studio 2010 express

Started by
3 comments, last by Lunatix 12 years, 5 months ago
I'm programming with "Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express", Windows 7 x64, and in the last time i get this error while linking my project.
If i try to delete the (existing, not in use) application by myself, windows says that it could not find the file or directory or that i don't have admin rights.
After ~30 to 60 secounds, the file is deleted and i can continue my work - until the next time when this error appears.

Anyone some ideas blink.gif ?
Advertisement
If you've already looked at the obvious, then check your build dependencies. If one project is dependent on another but you haven't specified the fact, then VS will try and run both compiles at the same time, and the dependent project will be unable to open the source library (or whatever) currently under compilation.

Since you haven't actually specified what type of file it is failing on, I really can't provide any other suggestions...
[quote name='msdn']
Possible causes

• Not enough disk space.

-> I have enough.
  • File does not exist. For example, you will get this error if you try to use the PGINSTRUMENT parameter to the /LTCG linker option on a machine with a 32-bit operating system.

-> File exists, but is inaccessable.
  • When specifying libraries in a project's property pages dialog box, library names should be separated by spaces (and not commas).

-> No..
  • Incorrect filename or path.

-> Path is Ok, filename is Ok...
  • Invalid drive specification.

-> Drive exists.
  • Insufficient file permissions.

-> I'm administrator... and running VS as administrator doesn't change anything.
  • Path for filename expands to more than 260 characters.

-> No.
  • If the given file is named LNKn, which is a filename generated by the linker for a temporary file, the directory specified in the TMP environment variable may not exist, or more than one directory is specified for the TMP environment variable. (Only one directory path should be specified for the TMP environment variable.)

-> Given filename is "$Projectname.exe"
  • If the error message occurs for a library name, and you recently ported the .mak file from a previous Microsoft Visual C++ development system, the library may no longer be valid. Ensure that the library still exists in this circumstance.

-> It isn't a library...
  • Another program may have the file open and the linker cannot write to it.

-> No other program uses the file.
-> Don't need this... Oo[/quote]

I don't know why this error occurs... very strange problem Oo The only thing i can do is to rename the project for ~2 minutes, then the old file is deleted...

Do you use a virus scanner?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Do you use a virus scanner?

Of course i do... Avira... maybe this is the solution to my problem =O

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement