• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
skauert

Skeletal Animation Problems

This topic is 2614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya people. :)

After working on this for about 2 weeks now, I'm -almost- there, but not quite. At the moment I'm quite lost, so I'm turning here for some assistance. I'm sorta confident that I have done the skinning correctly, and that I'm just screwing up my animation somehow. These are the results I have at the moment:

PIcox.png

Left: Skinned model in bind pose.
Right: Skinned model being animated.

Following is the animation code that I'm using for this:

http://pastie.org/pr...iqovc1imh6mp8lg

The joints are transformed hierarchically during the rendering of the model, so that has already been taken care of. As far as I understand, animation should be on a per-joint basis, without regard to what they are connected to. This is what I had in mind when I wrote this code.

I'm using Assimp to import a COLLADA model for this particular case. The model is a sample model from their test model bank.

EDIT: I should also mention that the animation contains non-zero rotation quaternions from keyframe 0 (which should more or less be the bind pose). To me this seems a bit odd, but someone more versed in this area might be able to clarify this. I can also confirm that the model animates fine in the Assimp Viewer program, so the problem should be on my end.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT #2: I might have posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry for any inconvenience. =/

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!