• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Virion

[WIP] Waa Cha!

This topic is 2565 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys! First time here. My friend and I are doing a mobile game called "Waa Cha!". It is basically a simple object-kicking game using finger gestures. We plan to release it on both iOS and android.

[size="4"]Development Blog: http://blog.bigbunkerstudio.com/

[size="6"]>>>WATCH TRAILER<<<

We are still on the early stage of development, here are some WIP screenshots:

[3 November 2011]

center_kick.gif

[24 October 2011]

mamakick.gif

[23 October 2011]

21205880.jpg

65064561.jpg

[22 October 2011]

42144165.jpg

46764054.jpg

The objects you see here are belong to the easy level so it looks kinda normal. I will add in some other special objects soon. Beside objects, we also plan to put in characters for you to kick!! Do tell me who you hate I'll let you kick his/her a** in the game. :lol:

More coming, stay tuned!

Advertisement
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Some updates!

Most of the animations are done, with colors! We also added the new nice looking background![/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]21205880.jpg
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]65064561.jpg
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]That's all for today. [/font]cool.gif

That looks really good Virion! The artwork is excellent and it looks like the gameplay will be really smoothe.

Do you need game music? I am a musician

Thanks man. cool.gif Check PM.smile.gif

Some updates!

I have changed the tap-to-kick control to swipe instead. I found that tapping is just too easy, swipe finger to the right to kick adds a little challenges.

There will be several different game modes. The one you see in the screenshots is normal mode. It is the easiest mode thus objects only come from one side. Some other harder modes will have objects flying from 2 different sides instead.

We also plan to make a split-screen multiplayer mode. You can challenge your friend - see who kicked the most a**!! tongue.gif

Need some opinion here. I am adding a multiplayer mode to the game where 2 players can challenge each other on the same screen (not through network) so I will split the screen into 2.

I need to hear some opinion whether you would prefer the top part of the screen (for player 1) to be the same orientation as the lower screen, or flip it entirely up-side-down? The rationale of doing this is so that player can hold the iPad horizontally and 2 players can stand opposite each other while playing the game. But I'm not sure if that will work so I need some input here.

These are some mockups I did to explain what I mean by flipping the upper screen up-side-down:
So you prefer this[font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]splitscreen1.jpg
[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]or this?[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]splitscreen2.jpg
[/font][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[/font]by the way we have also decided to put the character at the center (and slightly scaled down) because now the objects are not coming from just 1 side, but both the left and right. This should add a bit more challenges to the gameplay.

I really wish to hear some noise from you guys.
Thank you for your time! cool.gif

That's some nice art.

I prefer the flipped version for the second player, actually. I can then imagine both players having their own side of the table when playing on the iPad and it's reminiscent of a table-top arcade cabinet :)

Although, I think splitting the screen along its height would look good as well. That way you preserve more of the original aspect ratio than to have it extra-wide for two players.

That's some nice art.

I prefer the flipped version for the second player, actually. I can then imagine both players having their own side of the table when playing on the iPad and it's reminiscent of a table-top arcade cabinet :)

Although, I think splitting the screen along its height would look good as well. That way you preserve more of the original aspect ratio than to have it extra-wide for two players.

Thanks! Split along the height is a good suggestion, I will look into that as well, thanks again. Really appreciate. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!