Sign in to follow this  

recording video

This topic is 2276 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello,

can someone recommend me good software for recording videos? I want about 1 minute video of gameplay and then upload it on youtube, but dont know some good open source software for it

[quote name='xt6' timestamp='1319290545' post='4875323']
hello,

can someone recommend me good software for recording videos? I want about 1 minute video of gameplay and then upload it on youtube, but dont know some good open source software for it
[/quote]

If you are running windows [url="http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=142"]VirtualDub[/url] is a good free program to do that.

[quote name='xt6' timestamp='1319290545' post='4875323']
hello,

[/quote]

does it need to be open source? Fraps is pretty standard and is only $37.

I do Fraps for capture and VirtualDub to encode it down to a smaller file (I use the DivX codec)

I second Fraps + Virtual Dub combo. Fraps on a free license can make half minute videos, as many as you want, so you can just showcase using that or glue them together via Virtual Dub.

Sign in to follow this