Camera movement and Waypoints!

Started by
2 comments, last by XaOs 22 years, 7 months ago
Hi!! I have been messing with some code lately, and i came into a little problem setting waypoints and reading them for a smooth and nice camera movement! I started out setting them manualy, and inserting them into a huge array, which i then write into a file, so i don''t have to calc them every time! Then i read them from the same file when using them! The problem is that the camera movement is a little blocky when i move it! I don''t wanna set out thousands of waypoint just to get a smooth movement! I have been watching a lot of demos to see how the camera movement are in them, and all of them (exept one), got really smooth and nice movement! Most of them also have rotations on the camera in the same time! How do you smooth out the movement between each waypoint, and are there any "standard" way of setting these waypoints? I presume someone most have set some kind of a standard, since most of them act and look the same way! The person helping me out will be heaveliy credited in the demo i need this for! Take Care! - -- ---[XaOs]--- -- - [ project fy ]
- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -[ Project fy ||| CyberTux ]
Advertisement
Hey Tor, how are ya doing?

I would recommend reading up on splines and curves. I have no idea how to do it myself, but I''m pretty sure that is what you''d want.

Later,
Scott

Email
Website

"If you try and don''t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
Hey!!

Thanks for the quick reply...

I''ll take a look and see what i can do with them....
I was just thinking to advanced i think....

Imagined a LOT of math involved...to more for me to handle it!

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -

[ project fy ]
- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -[ Project fy ||| CyberTux ]
You could create a vector from the camera''s current position to the next point, and then move the camera along that vector smoothly until it came to the end of the vector''s length..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement