• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RacecarlockKingdaka

I know of a good place to get some constructive criticism

This topic is 2611 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I must confess that I'm not a game designer. I searched out game development forums so I could find the best place to connect some communities. Namely, a community of reasonably intelligent games who will always take the time to give you some nice constructive criticism, albeit mostly from a game player perspective. Most of you may have already heard of it. The Escapist : Forums

Why would I want to do this? Mostly because I want the development culture and the gamer culture to forge a better connection, but I also want budding developers to learn how to take criticism and even be made aware some genres and some gameplay elements that players like me would one day love to see pop up on shelves one day. I mean where the hell did the futuristic racer and the space sim g- ahem. I think that with developers from here communicating with gamers at the escapist, gaming will reach its potential. Also you guys should watch Extra Credits at penny arcade TV. They really know what they're talking about. I know this plan is not fullproof, but I do believe it'll get the ball rolling on better interaction between players and developers the world over. Maybe I'm overambitious, but I think ambitions are how the industry started, correct?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!