• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sharpe

Someone Live Anywhere Near IL to Help Me Learn C#?

This topic is 2610 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! :)

I'm trying to learn to program in C# by making a simple, text-only dungeon console game. Here is the thread detailing my progress thus far: http://www.gamedev.n...n-c-and-python/

I know the basics about using loops and can create and use classes. I'm just not very knowledgeable in any regard.

I just feel like if I could sit down with my laptop and someone knowledgeable about C# programming, I could learn in a few hours what it would take me days or even weeks to learn reading and asking questions on here. That's not to say GameDev.net hasn't been very helpful and that I've not learned a fair amount by reading and had fun doing so! Quite the opposite!

I'm content to continue to learn on my own; I'm just exploring some options.

Right now, I'm off work for an extended time and could take a quick trip somewhere within reason, maybe 10-12 hours drive away from the center of Illinois at most. I would prefer to stay at a hotel, no problem. I'd buy our lunch and dinner! :D Chinese, pizza, whatever! Perhaps we could even work at the hotel. Just throwing that out there.

Besides, it's fun to take trips an it's fun to meet new people. So, just out of curiosity, is there anyone near Illinois that would be will some afternoon to tutor me in C# for maybe four or five hours or so?

If you'd be interested, let me know!

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!