BF3 Thread

Started by
13 comments, last by j-dog 12 years, 5 months ago

[quote name='n3Xus' timestamp='1319741873' post='4877637']
863462211.gif

I love that he comes back to kick the door down for you.
[/quote]

that happened to me too.

Played a bit of SP yesterday. It's not great, a prettier CoD clone.

OTOH, played some co-op last night and that was fantastic, especially the heli mission.
really looking forward to jumping into mp
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
Advertisement

I tried installing origin for the beta and couldn't even log in. Based on that and all the complains of the battle browser thing, I'm a little worried about picking it up.

From what I'm reading on their forums it sounds like battlelog has some issues with antivirus and firewalls. I'm having huge issues with parties and chat outside games specifically.

[quote name='boolean' timestamp='1319756984' post='4877716']
I tried installing origin for the beta and couldn't even log in. Based on that and all the complains of the battle browser thing, I'm a little worried about picking it up.

From what I'm reading on their forums it sounds like battlelog has some issues with antivirus and firewalls. I'm having huge issues with parties and chat outside games specifically.
[/quote]

The server browser annoys me to death and the chat/party system sucks. I have a feeling, and I hope I'm right, that the voice system is just a band-aid while they work on a real chat system. Not only does it make random servers harder to coordinate teamplay but having to alt-tab really screws me up cause it makes my mouse settings go haywire.
When playing on xbox you get the option to install HD textures: check this out:

#!

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

Checked this out over the weekend... playing on ultra and I'm very impressed with the graphics - and the audio - fantastic stuff!! Although I did have to up the core voltage of my graphics card for this one... otherwise it would always crash within 5-10 minutes. This is a DX11 issue though and I'm a bit surprised that some 500 series GPUs even have this issue!

The game itself? Well I'm not very good at it. But it's still a lot of fun, and I'm giving it a shot... I played Mw2 before and had lots of fun, but frankly this feels new and fresh to me, while I'm sure Mw3 is just going to be a re-hash of Mw2. (And this game was cheaper, with much, much prettier graphics.) I also have to say, the mechanics are damn solid and the game just feels good to play. That's very important in an FPS.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement