• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hdxpete

Axis to quaterion

This topic is 2605 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

forgive me. it's been 10 years since i've read my math books. and gave them to a friend when i moved to a foreign country.

right now the question i have is... i have 3 arbitary axis that define a coordinate system. I want to turn these into a quaterion.

if someone has a good reference that describes this process (with or without pseudo-code) or can describe the process to me i would be most appreciative.

Advertisement
Textbook was yesterday ... today it's the Internet ;)

See e.g. here on Euclidean-Space. (You perhaps know that the co-ordinate system can be written in matrix form to yield in the matrix you then can convert into a quaternion.)

haegarr, clb,

thanks for the responses. i thought i could just turn the vectors into a matrix but i must have a bug somewhere else, the quaterions i'm getting out of that method you posted haegarr arent right but i know that code works as i use it to generate my animation quaterion.

thank you very much.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!