Question about Programming for Game

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 12 years, 5 months ago
I have an interest on designing a simple simulation business/mogul type game, something simular to games like Hollywood Mogul, Football Manager or sandbox kind of games. Text game with graphics (example: A GUI Interface options where players can make decisions based off the choices they choose from more simular to Hollywood Mogul if anyone is familiar with that game). My question to people here I was looking into both Java and Visual Basic/Studio because from what people say its an easier language to use particulary for a type of simple game I am looking into making. So if anyone can give me some heads up on what programming I should use or try out for a type of game I am interested in building please hit me up. Thanks.
Advertisement
This is not a Game Design question. Moving to For Beginners. Scene, it's recommended that you read this forum's FAQs (link above) for starters.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Any application programming language is capable of producing a game like this - as this isn't a super high-performance, graphical thing you are free to choose the language which you are the most comfortable using. Java is perfectly capable; Visual Basic is generally not recommended any more, being made largely obsolete by C# (which is an excellent choice as creating simple GUI applications is just as easy as with Visual Basic)
The OP has a second thread on this topic, so I'm closing this one.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement