• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Chris_F

64-bit GLFW on Windows

This topic is 2604 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been using GLFW in Linux for a while and I was looking through the refrence and noticed where it says:

Currently supported platforms are:
* Microsoft Windows (32-bit only).
[/quote]

Does it really not work with 64-bit windows?

Advertisement
Doesn't look like it.

Note that "doesn't work on 64-bit Windows" and "doesn't run as a 64-bit native program on Windows" are different things. It probably works just fine using the 32-bit compatibility layer, although you might want to double-check that.

I am using a x64 version of GLFW on Win 7 without any problems. A colleague of mine said he had problems with keyboard input (something about key release) that only came up in the x64 version though...

Doesn't look like it.

Note that "doesn't work on 64-bit Windows" and "doesn't run as a 64-bit native program on Windows" are different things. It probably works just fine using the 32-bit compatibility layer, although you might want to double-check that.

I should have probably been more clear. I'm sure it works on 64-bit WIndows, but I'm concerned about it not working in 64-bit executables.

I am using a x64 version of GLFW on Win 7 without any problems. A colleague of mine said he had problems with keyboard input (something about key release) that only came up in the x64 version though...

Odd. They claim it doesn't work, and you say it does.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't, really.

Maybe supports != works?
I don't know either, but I downloaded the VS-project files and compiled a x64 version which definitely works. Maybe if I would be using more features a few problems would become apparent...

Maybe supports != works?
I don't know either, but I downloaded the VS-project files and compiled a x64 version which definitely works. Maybe if I would be using more features a few problems would become apparent...

Maybe that's it. Since GLFW 2 has features like threading and such. I've never used it for anything beyond context creation and input.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!