• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rocklobster

Sound Card input and playback

This topic is 2608 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys,

I've been using this software called Guitar Rig 4 I think developed by Native-Instruments. Anyhow, what happens is I plug my guitar into my external sound card and run the software. I am able to choose from a bunch of presets for amplifiers, effects etc and my computer speakers play back in real time.

I wanted to know how difficult it would be to create a c++ application that will simply play back my input from the sound card? I'm willing to learn an API like OpenAL or the like because I wont be any good at the low level coding + math that is most likely involved.

If anyone has done something like this i'd love to hear from them!

Thanks,

- Rocklobster

Advertisement
Shouldn't be terribly difficult. Pick an audio API that supports line-in recording, and you should be good to go :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!