Direct Input

Started by
6 comments, last by atomic_mouse 22 years, 6 months ago
Hello. Im tryin to use DirectX 8 in my project and something id wrong. The compiler does not recognize some identifiers, such as : ''LPDIRECTINPUT8'' : undeclared identifier ''IID_IDirectInput8'' : undeclared identifier My code is inspired from the OpenGL programming book in which NeHe participated. I tried compiling lesson 23 in tutorials, and I get the same problems. The strange thing is that DirectX functions are recognized, but not DirectX types like those above. I do have included direct.h, added dxguid.lib and directx.lib in settings, so its somthing else ... And the files are in the right include directory... Thanx for any help anyone could offer, its really appreciated. -The Atomic Mouse
Advertisement
Hi there!

You''re errors are very strange... I you don''t mind, you can send me the code (at least the DI part) and I will find the bug for u. Please send me all your files, i.e. Project File, source code, Workspace, etc.
You can reach me at gameover@vtr.net

Good luck!

Cristián Ramírez (gameovercl)
ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE
I found the problem.

It seems the CD that NeHe made, coming with the book is not perfectly working ....

The DirectX SDK on it doesn
Thanx for your help offer !
I guess all will be okay now ! =)

-The Atomic Mouse
I found the problem.

It seems the CD that NeHe made, coming with the book is not perfectly working ....

The DirectX SDK on it doesnt install properly, so it looks like my files where from previous versions of DirectX, and all was messed up. A good SDK downloaded from Microsoft made it ! =)

Thanx for your help offer !
I guess all will be okay now ! =)

-The Atomic Mouse
when i started with directx8 i had the exact same errors. i dunno if you have the same problem, but i found out i hadnt downloaded directx8 SDK which you must have. its 150mb though, available at the microsoft homepage
nothing wrong with nehe''s tutorials at all
If you can, try and avoid using Direct X
If you''re just using Direct X for keyboard input, just use win32 keyboard input

That''s what I''m using for my game that I''m developing... working very nicely.....
fyi, you do not need the dx8 sdk.

you can download just the neccesary files from microsuck and install them in the proper folders.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement