• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djdynamic

MD2 / MD3

This topic is 6257 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m working on a game, and want either MD2 or MD3 support, I''d be grateful for any working source for loading either model and their skins (Not game tutorial 4 - it doesn''t work right... Grab some other models from polycount.com convert the skin to TGA or BMP, and see for yourself......)

Advertisement
Me too. On myt site, I''ve a program for displaying MD2.

Based on NeHe''s tut and it''s work.

========================
Leyder Dylan
http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/Slug-Production/

The problem with the skin is simple , md2 or md3 uses a ''compiled'' mode to draw the model itslef that''s to say using triangle fans and strips, when you draw each single triangle it uses a vertex coords that can be shared beetween different triangles , i have added to my engine also md2 model support
and the problem was solved adding a little bit of code for
managing the drawing of a md2 model , if you dowloand a tutorial
on such object you''ll see an array called glcommadn that deals
with telling the drawing routine when swtiching from triangle fan or triangle strips.
i hope it helps

Well there''s an animation bug in the NeHe tutorial (easily fixed......)
The skin bug
Lighting doesn''t want to work.

NitroGL''s MD2 loader hasn''t got a skin bug, and lighting works, but with some MD2 models, you load the player, then the weapon and they''re not matched up (You gotta scale the weapon down by 40% with glscale), and it''s fine

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!